From the Supervisor re: COVID-19/Coronavirus
The Town of Ovid is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation. As of right now, there are no presumptive or confirmed cases of Coronavirus in our county. We will continue to stay in close communications with the Seneca County Health Department as well as monitor updates from the Center for Disease Control. While this is a time to be cautious, we must move on with day to day life. We have Town functions to perform to ensure the safety of our residents. We must all work together to take the precautionary measures to prevent the spread of this disease as much as possible. While we can’t avoid all human interactions, the CDC has given us steps we can take to help protect ourselves and limit our chances of catching the disease:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds often. Especially after using the restroom, before eating, and following blowing your nose, sneezing, or coughing.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (min. of 60% alcohol) when soap and water arent’ readily available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are sick, stay home. If you must get out, wear a mask to prevent the spreading of germs.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, door knobs, light switches, keyboards, sinks, toilets, etc.
The Town board will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as needed.
Ovid Town Supervisor