Dog Control Officer – Job Opening
THE TOWN OF OVID IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FILL THE POSITION OF DOG CONTROL OFFICER EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2018.
THIS IS CURRENTLY AN APPOINTED POSITION BUT MAY, IN THE DISCRETION OF THE TOWN, BE FILLED BY CONTRACT WITH A QUALIFIED PERSON OR NOT FOR PROFIT AGENCY.
The duties of the Dog Control Officer shall be to:
- Enforce New York State Agriculture and Markets Law, Public Health Law, and Local Laws of the Town of Ovid as they apply to dogs.
- Seize dogs in accordance with these laws, as necessary, and hold them as provided for by law.
- Maintain an appropriate kennel to house seized dogs.
- Return, adopt, euthanize, or transfer to an animal shelter those dogs seized.
- Pursue overdue dog licenses.
- Issue appearance tickets for violations as required.Other duties as prescribed by state and local law.
The Town of Ovid intends to pay the Dog Control Officer:
- A salary/compensation of $5153.00 for fiscal year 2018.
- Mileage at a rate of $.545 per mile during fiscal year 2018.
- For maintenance of a dog kennel, $50.00 per month.
- Board at $6.00 per day per dog, up to a maximum of five days, with expenses for emergency veterinary care, euthanasia, and transfer to an animal shelter being covered by the Town.
INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST WITH QUALIFICATIONS TO TOWN OF OVID CLERK, PO BOX 452, OVID, NY 14521 PRIOR TO FEBRUARY 14, 2018.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT THE TOWN SUPERVISOR, ANY BOARD